Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let visual be ignored by specific filter(s)

Hi all,

We're running into a problem regarding filtering on a visual. The visual uses "Week" for the x axis, throughout the report we are using the filters "Week", "Month" and "Year" to filter visuals using the filter pane (we're not using slicers in our reports). These 3 fields are part of the same table in our dataset.

We want to set up some visuals so that these filters don't affect specific visuals (these visuals need to show all weeks all the time). We've tried using:

CALCULATE ( SUM( [Amount] ) , ALL ( CALENDAR ) )

but without success. The visual continues to change when we use the filters in the filter pane.

What are we missing here?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please try to add the field "week" of table "UNIT" into Filters pane instead of the field "WeekNr" of table "CALENDAR"?

line chart with filter.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Which table the field Amount is from? Please try to change the table CALENDAR in the formula to the table where the field amount is: 

CALCULATE ( SUM( [Amount] ) , ALL ( TABLENAME) )

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yiruan-msft ,

When I do that, the graph shows the total amount for every week. I get a horizontal line, which is not correct.

image.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please provide the fields which applied to this column chart and some sample data(exclude sensitive data)? Please also provide the formula if applied any measure or calculated column.

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course, the bar chart is made out of two tables:

- CALENDER (ISO based)

- UNIT

X axis: Year, Period, Week hierarchy

Y axis: Amount of units transported

The transport date field of the UNIT table is linked to the date field of the CALENDER table. I've added an example PBI file. The idea is that the table does filter with the week filter, but the graph will always show all weeks. Using slicers are not an option.

Thanks!

Example file 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check the below screenshot:

dates2.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops, I indeed forgot to insert the right data field. However, when I correct this I get the following. For me, it still doesn't work:

image.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems the filter for weeknum be put on report level filter, could you please just put it in page level filter? Then set the filter separately for other report pages one by one...

page level filter.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yiruan-msft 

That does not make a difference. Is there maybe something wrong with the relationship between these tables? It's currently a many-to-one with filtering to both directions.

image.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Whether the filter field applied on page-lvel filter is from the field "Week" in table "Unit"? And the formula of measure "Amount_Unfiltered" as below:

Amount_Unfiltered = CALCULATE(SUM(UNIT[Amount]),ALL('UNIT'))

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

I am not sure what you mean by that, but the "Week" field on the x axis is from the CALENDER table.

The values on the y axis are from the UNIT table.

The UNIT table does have a "Week" field, but it's not used in the visual, and has a relationship to a "Week" field in the CALENDAR table which is used in the visual.

image.pngimage.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please try to add the field "week" of table "UNIT" into Filters pane instead of the field "WeekNr" of table "CALENDAR"?

line chart with filter.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

That works, obviously, because the data points are from the same table. I always assumed this worked cross-table as well.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is there anything else about this thread that I can assist you? If no, could you please mark the helpful post as Answered? It will be helpful to anyone who might experience the same problem. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

This should have worked. Another option is to use interaction.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Interactions.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.