Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Is there a way to always display the last part of the scroll bar?

Good day, I would like visualizations that have scroll bar to be able to start the display in the last part of the range and not at the beginning. But always the user has to scroll the bar to see the latest information. Clarification, I do not look for the visualization to be ordered in a way of increasing in terms of the date, but to be increasing.

I have NOT found a way to achieve what I describe.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I appreciate the response, since there is no solution I have uploaded a new idea to create this functionality. Those who want to vote for the idea:
https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=1c43a11e-cfed-ed11-a81c-000d3ae52c8f

Best regards

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the recommendation. I didn't find an idea related to the subject, so I created a new idea.
I share it so that you can vote if you wish. Best regards

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=1c43a11e-cfed-ed11-a81c-000d3ae52c8f

Adamboer
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Unfortunately, Power BI does not provide a built-in option to set the starting position of a scrollbar in a visualization. However, there are a few workarounds that you can try to achieve your desired result.

One option is to use a measure or calculated column to reverse the order of the data points on your axis. This can be done by creating a measure that subtracts the maximum value of your axis from the current value. Then, you can use this measure as the basis for your visualization, and the data will appear in reverse order.

Another option is to use a custom visual that provides more control over the scrollbar behavior. There are several custom visuals available in the Power BI marketplace that offer advanced scrolling options, such as the Timeline Slicer or the Power KPI Matrix. These may be worth exploring if you need more precise control over your visualization's scrolling behavior.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adelporto 

I'm afraid this is not supported currently. If you don't want to change the displayed date order, you can consider setting a TOPN filter or relative date filter on the visual to show the latest N records. Add a button and bookmark to clear this filter or train your report users to clear the filter on the visual when they want to see older records beyond the current filter range.  

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

If this is important to you please consider voting for the (very old)  existing idea at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.