Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Smackcat
Helper I
Helper I

Is it possible to stop the row header to be freeze on a matrix?

Hi experts

I want to know if this is possible, on a matrix on PowerBI. Thanks 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Smackcat
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @TheoC 

I can still see both of the row header (parent/child in this case) freezed when I move my matrix to the right. I was asking if it was able for the user to not see any row header when I'm looking to the data that's on the right side of the matrix (because it wouldn't be a freezed pane). Thanks anyway 🙂

Hi @Smackcat 

Sorry, I didn't get that from your original post.

So, basically, you do not want to see the row headers when you're scrolling to the right?  No, that I am aware as that would defeat the purpose of a Matrix visual.  If you want to do that, I guess you could use a Table visual.

All the best.

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @Smackcat 

You can partially achieve this by switching off stepped layout option and ensuring you have a parent / child relationship set up in the "row" field of the Matrix Visual.  It will be your first row (parent) that maintains the scroll down the left side of the Matrix visual.

TheoC_0-1685993945735.png

Hope this helps.

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.