Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tobkres
Helper II
Helper II

Is it possible to resize a report after building it?

Hello community.

I recently finished building a report, but mistakenly i have made it in high resolution so image and elements were great quality.

Now the problem is, when we export the report, it is usually viewed at 100% which means it is zoomed in very much and you can't see the full report. Of course you can just zoom out, but not everyone knows that, and they shouldn't have to do that.

Is it possible to resize everything and keep the formatting of visuals and texts?

tobkres_0-1661323945587.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tobkres 

You can set the canvas scale for the page on the desktop and export it to PDF.

vcgaomsft_0-1661760664932.png

Export reports from Power BI to PDF 

Note that this setting does not change the size or data format of the visual, but due to the change in canvas size, there will be blank areas near the border and you may need to further adjust the position of the visual.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tobkres 

You can set the canvas scale for the page on the desktop and export it to PDF.

vcgaomsft_0-1661760664932.png

Export reports from Power BI to PDF 

Note that this setting does not change the size or data format of the visual, but due to the change in canvas size, there will be blank areas near the border and you may need to further adjust the position of the visual.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Thank you. I guess this will be my only option. However, it does require me to change all the visuals on the page individually.

Hi @tobkres 

Yes, the canvas scale is something that needs to be considered at the beginning of the report design.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

tobkres
Helper II
Helper II

Anyone can help? I think there should be a feature to change size of report, without having to change each visual.

tobkres
Helper II
Helper II

It looks great when printing it on paper, but i also need it to show normally at 100% on computers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.