Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vanessa
Post Patron
Post Patron

Is it possible to create a similar report/visual?

I want to create a visual/ table report with indicators like the following (the one highlighted in green). Is this possible??

report.png

13 REPLIES 13
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessa Unfortunately you have to do this in PowerPivot and then import to PBI

the feature is described here => https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-import-and-display-kpis/

KPIs.png

So ANYONE who wants to be able to create the KPIs inside PBI

Please Vote here

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/8276622-create-kpi-in-designer-fi...

In your screenshot, I'm seeing infront of one measure "traffice light" icon is displayed. How can this be achieved?

Hi, I'm trying to create traffic light indicator and I have data model already created using Powerviot.

After created data model using Powerviot, I have created KPI spreadsheet and this is loaded to PowerBI.

However, when I create table using data source loaded, it does not show traffic light indicator but showing "-1" or "1" value instead.

Can anyone let me know how should I go about this?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sean, 

I have followed your instruction and created kpi in powerpivot. 
When I import to PBI desktop, the kpi (or the pivotpivot table) is not found. But when I import to PowerBI onilne, the kpi is there. 

May I know how to correct this?

Many thanks.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you using the latest version of the PBI Desktop?

2.34.4372.501 64-bit (April 2016)

If not you may have to turn on the Preview Features (see Vanessa's post and picture on Page 1)

@Sean

I tried the approach mentioned in the link, but I am not able to see the option Preview Features > Use KPIs from Power Pivot or SSAS Tabular in the Option and Setting tab. Is thia preview feature no longer available?

Preview Features.png

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessa It seems this feature has been enabled by default in the latest PBI - so don't worry it will work!

However don't forget you still have to create the KPIs in Excel PowerPivot and then import into PBI

@Sean

That worked. Thanks.

But after importing the excel sheet, all my earlier report pages have disappeared and not all tables/files have been migrated. Is there a reason for this? Do i need to recreate all the pages again?

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessa Yes the process is kind of frustrating.

Only Power View Excel Sheets get imported - and not even all Power View visualizations are supported.

That's why I encourage people to Vote and hopefully the PBI Team will get behind the Idea of KPIs inside PBI.

They just recently marked "Under Review" one of my Ideas - which will go great with KPIs

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9207006-matrix-collapse-expand-bu...

So hopefully it's just a matter of time Smiley Happy

@Sean

I closed and re-opened my pbix file in which i imported the Excel sheet. But the KPI field is no longer available. Any idea about this?

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessa I have not encountered this but I'll see if can duplicate it tomorrow - will let you know...

its strange though??? Is the rest of your data still there and only the KPI Measure(s) gone?

@Sean

I deleted the file and created a new 1. I did not encounter the earlier issue. The KPI is available even after closing and re-opening.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vanessa are you after traffic light indicators in powerbi ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.