Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SanketBhagwat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Input parameters is required to be of type number/double.

Can someone please help me on one Power Automate flow issue.
I already posted it in Power AUtomate community but to no avail.
The error which I am getting is listed below;

"The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Update_file_properties' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'item/Corporationsemployeridentificationnumber' is required to be of type 'Number/double'. The runtime value '"26-4526768"' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'Number/double'."

Thanks,

Sanket

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SanketBhagwat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @v-shex-msft @Greg_Deckler .

Thanks to both of you for replying.
But I can't alter or change my original invoice data i.e. I can't remove the "-" between the number in my field.

I found out a way to handle such errors. What we can do is convert the field which is giving such an error to "text" data type and it will display values without the error.
Try it out, it works.

Thanks,
Sanket

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AntonRa

Hi, Could you please describe this work around. I have the same problem but have no idea how to handle it. Many thanks in advance!

Hi @AntonRa .
Just change the data type to text.

cgillespie

I am having a very simular issue with a MS Form saving data to a SharePoint list.

The error message is: Input parameter 'item/Youth_x0020_Ministry_x0020__x002' is required to be of type 'Number/double'. The runtime value '""' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'Number/double'.

I have a branch in the form and it seems that when you branch around questions, Forms tries to insert a null ""''"" into the field thus throwing the error.  I worked around the problem by removing the branching and makine every question mandatory.  This is a silly solution as I have a very long form and would like to use branching to minimize the time it takes to fill out the form.  The SharePoint field is not required and is numeric.  The questions in the form are numeric as well.

hi @cgillespie ,

I have the same issue, how did you solve the problem?

SanketBhagwat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @v-shex-msft @Greg_Deckler .

Thanks to both of you for replying.
But I can't alter or change my original invoice data i.e. I can't remove the "-" between the number in my field.

I found out a way to handle such errors. What we can do is convert the field which is giving such an error to "text" data type and it will display values without the error.
Try it out, it works.

Thanks,
Sanket

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @SanketBhagwat,

As the error message said, it seems like your table records include some expected value that cannot be converted to number/double. I'd like to suggest you check them to exclude these wrong values first.

In addition, if above not help. Can you please some dummy data that keep the raw data structure? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to troubleshooting.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@SanketBhagwat Seems like you need to remove the - from that number, 26-4526768. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.