Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gems
Frequent Visitor

Information button

Hello!

I have a very simple question but I can't reach the solution.

I want to create an information button, so when you click on it shows a text. The thing is I don’t find where I must put the text. Creating the button is simple but I don’t find where to write down the text.   

Thank you so much in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
iceparrot
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hey do you want to present as a new page or would a tooltip also be sufficient. Because then pressing the button would not be necessary. A simple hover over the icon would display the info-text. 

There's two ways how to solve this:
Option 1:  This shows the text as a tooltip once someone hovers the info-icon. 

iceparrot_1-1673866578571.png

To set up such a tooltip you can create a new measure. For example:

tooltip_measure = "*Recursos humans per a l’R+D+i: Correspon al finançament a recursos humans en R+D+i: ajuts predoctorals, postdoctorals, ajuts del PERIS per a recursos humans en R+D+i."

Insert the info-button and activate ActionAs Type you can use Web URL and leave the URL blank. 
On to bottom activate Tooltip and select your newly created measure or type the text you want to display directly in the tooltip text field and click ENTER to end the input.

iceparrot_2-1673866947933.png

Option 2: This option allows you to add styling to your text and how the tooltip should look like. 
However, it's a bit more complicated.

iceparrot_3-1673871612135.png

• Create a new report page and adjust the Canvas settings on your requirements
    iceparrot_4-1673871707076.png

• Insert a textbox and enter your text
  • Set the new report page on hide so you make sure just the tooltip is visible if you publish the report later
    iceparrot_5-1673871772841.png

• Create a measure where you display the letter 'i' 
  • Insert a KPI Card and select the newly created measure 
    iceparrot_6-1673871898123.png

• Format your visual accordingly activate the tooltip section and add the page you created
    iceparrot_7-1673871957648.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
iceparrot
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hey do you want to present as a new page or would a tooltip also be sufficient. Because then pressing the button would not be necessary. A simple hover over the icon would display the info-text. 

There's two ways how to solve this:
Option 1:  This shows the text as a tooltip once someone hovers the info-icon. 

iceparrot_1-1673866578571.png

To set up such a tooltip you can create a new measure. For example:

tooltip_measure = "*Recursos humans per a l’R+D+i: Correspon al finançament a recursos humans en R+D+i: ajuts predoctorals, postdoctorals, ajuts del PERIS per a recursos humans en R+D+i."

Insert the info-button and activate ActionAs Type you can use Web URL and leave the URL blank. 
On to bottom activate Tooltip and select your newly created measure or type the text you want to display directly in the tooltip text field and click ENTER to end the input.

iceparrot_2-1673866947933.png

Option 2: This option allows you to add styling to your text and how the tooltip should look like. 
However, it's a bit more complicated.

iceparrot_3-1673871612135.png

• Create a new report page and adjust the Canvas settings on your requirements
    iceparrot_4-1673871707076.png

• Insert a textbox and enter your text
  • Set the new report page on hide so you make sure just the tooltip is visible if you publish the report later
    iceparrot_5-1673871772841.png

• Create a measure where you display the letter 'i' 
  • Insert a KPI Card and select the newly created measure 
    iceparrot_6-1673871898123.png

• Format your visual accordingly activate the tooltip section and add the page you created
    iceparrot_7-1673871957648.png

Hi @iceparrot  I am unable to implement the option 1. How can you add the measure to a text in tooltip? It is not enabled

Thank you so much @iceparrot !! this is solving my problem. 🙂 Thanks for the explanation step by step, I apprecciate it so much!! 🙂

Gems
Frequent Visitor

This is my information button, and when you press it, I need a text to be displayed.

I need this text to be shown whenyou press the information button:

*Recursos humans per a l’R+D+i: Correspon al finançament a recursos humans en R+D+i: ajuts predoctorals, postdoctorals, ajuts del PERIS per a recursos humans en R+D+i.

Gems_0-1673618295368.png

Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Gems ,

You can use the same thing said above except that on State, you will have to select "On Press"

Thejeswar_0-1673863945222.png

This will display the text only when the button is pressed. When not pressed, the text won't be displayed.

Alternatively, You can also use display/ hide the visual on press of a button by using Bookmarks. More details on bookmarks below

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hey @Gems ,

You may find a Style section and text option under it. This might be different based on the type of button you are using. In my example, using a Q&A button.

Thejeswar_0-1673618002498.png

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.