Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MBrackenbury

Infinity / NaN error

HI

I am using the following statement in a measure which takes the value in the transactional currency and converts it to the local currency. 

GBP Invoice COGS Value = sumx('Sales_Invoice_Data','Sales_Invoice_Data'[Standard Cogs ] / LOOKUPVALUE('CurrencyTable'[Value], 'CurrencyTable'[Date], 'Sales_Invoice_Data'[Invoice Date], 'CurrencyTable'[Rate], 'Sales_Invoice_Data'[Local Currency Code]))

The calculation seems to work fine and creates the column OK in the table with the correct data but when I then apply it to a BI report i get infinity errors.

I think i need to change the statement so that it handles a 0 but all the options i have tried failed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
edejes2
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hello @MBrackenbury

This issues its based on the fact that you are using/sign you will need to use the DIVIDE function instead. 

Regards!

ED

HI Ed

Thank you for the reply however I did try using the divide option previously and couldn't get it to work - possible due to the divide being based on a lookup value.

Where in the statement are you saying I need to use the DIVIDE()?

GBP Invoice COGS Value = sumx('Sales_Invoice_Data','Sales_Invoice_Data'[Standard Cogs ] / LOOKUPVALUE('CurrencyTable'[Value], 'CurrencyTable'[Date], 'Sales_Invoice_Data'[Invoice Date], 'CurrencyTable'[Rate], 'Sales_Invoice_Data'[Local Currency Code]))

Thanks

Mark

HI

Has anyone got another solution to this issue as i still cannot get it to work.

Thanks

Mark

Hi @MBrackenbury,

You can try to use below measure:

GBP Invoice COGS Value =
SUMX (
    'Sales_Invoice_Data',
    DIVIDE (
        'Sales_Invoice_Data'[Standard Cogs ],
        LOOKUPVALUE (
            'CurrencyTable'[Value],
            'CurrencyTable'[Date], 'Sales_Invoice_Data'[Invoice Date],
            'CurrencyTable'[Rate], 'Sales_Invoice_Data'[Local Currency Code]
        ),
    )
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.