Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NJ81858
Helper IV
Helper IV

Indenting Matrix Measure

Hello,

I am trying to replicate an Excel file in Power BI, and I have everything duplicated except for the indentation of some of the row headers.

Now normally, I could just add the leading spaces in the back end, but unfortunately I had to create each of these as a measure to get the correct numbers, and then simply select "Switch Values to Row Headers" in the Matrix Formatting.

I am just wondering if there is a workaround to get the names of these measures indented. I have tried adding leading spaces to the name of the measure, but that just gets removed when it displays the name. I have also tried to add leading spaces to the display name of the measure, but that also gets removed when it displays the name. I have also tried to add a small character, such as a period, to the beginning of the name, and then add the leading spaces, but that removes all of the leading spaces except for one, which is not quite enough.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@NJ81858 ,

I have used the Character Map utility to copy and paste an empty space.

rsbin_0-1685632211281.png

Hope you can get this to work for you.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@NJ81858 ,

I have used the Character Map utility to copy and paste an empty space.

rsbin_0-1685632211281.png

Hope you can get this to work for you.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.