Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kish1999
Helper II
Helper II

Incremental refresh for Jira Data

Hello All,

We use connectors to bring in the data from Jira in Power BI using Odata. The issue with this is that we are not able to use incremental refresh in our dataset and so the refresh takes way longer that it should. Can someone help me configure the Incremental refresh for our scenario or other options like creating custome connectors and using Table.View to do it.

Below is what our query looks like:

let
Source = OData.Feed("Connector URL", null, [Implementation = "2.0"]),
#"Navigation 1" = Source{[Name = "Table Name", Signature = "table"]}[Data],
#"Remove columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Navigation 1", Table.ColumnsOfType(#"Navigation 1", {type table, type record, type list, type nullable binary, type binary, type function})),
#"Changed column type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Remove columns", {{"ISSUE_UPDATED", type datetime}})
in
#"Changed column type"

Thank You!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

RangeStart is a Power Query parameter, not a field in Jira.  Your Query string is malformed. You will want to use the Query parameter anyway. Please read the documentation again.

You can also read this article. Using OData.Feed and the Query option to avoid the dynamic data sources error in Power BI (crossjoin...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

RangeStart is a Power Query parameter, not a field in Jira.  Your Query string is malformed. You will want to use the Query parameter anyway. Please read the documentation again.

You can also read this article. Using OData.Feed and the Query option to avoid the dynamic data sources error in Power BI (crossjoin...

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

next step is to create two datetime parameters RangeStart and RangeEnd, and to use them as filters in your query. Ideally directly in the ODATA query as otherwise you won't have any performance gains.

Hello Ibendlin, Can you please specify what do you mean by "Directly in ODATA query"?

use the Query parameter.

OData.Feed - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Learn

Thank You Ibendlin, I am able to apply $filter to the Odata query and able to filter on a date. Can you please elaborate how i can use the RangeStart/End parameter in $filter.

Thank You for your help.

Do two date filters.  ge RangeStart and lt RangeEnd.

Kish1999_0-1707234156241.png

When i add the Rangestart in the query, i get an error "The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. (The property 'RangeStart', used in a query expression, is not defined in type 'source.Issue'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.