Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Incremental Refresh - Should Date Range equal Refresh Rows in Last?

Hi,

I'm having some issues with Incremental Refresh and want to make sure I fully understand the best way to use it.

When I set RangeStart and RangeEnd parameters, should these cover the same date range that will be used when I set the Refresh Rows in Last value? For example, if I want to refresh the past 30 days, should I make the RangeStart and RangeEnd dates 30 days apart?

Should I put the Incremental Refresh filters at the start of my Applied Steps too? So it's one of the first things to apply to the data source?

Also, on the RangeStart and RangeEnd dates. If I have data starting from 01/01/2019 does it matter if I make the RangeStart date later than this? Will my report still bring through data from the start of the year?

Thanks,

MarkJames

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you solved the problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft ,

I'm afraid your suggestion only reiterated what I already knew about Incremental Refreshes. I've since done some testing on the points I wanted to understand and now have clarity.

Thanks,

MarkJames

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm afraid that you may have a little confused about the RangeStart and RangeEnd parameters for incremental Refresh.

Normally, these parameters are used to filter the data imported into Power BI Desktop, and also to dynamically partition the data into ranges once published to the Power BI service. 

If you want to refresh the past 30 days, you should set in the dialog like below.

refresh-ranges.png

I'm afraid you'd better have a good look at this guide document about incremental Refresh firstly, if you still need help, feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.