Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kza40381
Frequent Visitor

In need of Singleton or repeater row

Hi community,

Sample.PNGI need your help desperately.  I used to work in Cognos where I could use a singleton or repeater row to achieve my results.  I am lost in achieving the same results in Power BI.  I need to compare and display data from two system to compare information.  The data is in separate tables for each system (milestones are horizontal in my original tables and are joined by Protocol #).  See Example A in the attached.

My next scenario requires the same concept.  I have milestones at 3 levels of the heirarchy (Study, Country, Center) in 3 tables from one system.  I need to line the milestones up per heirarchy to ensure they make sense.  See Example B.

I surely hope someone out there can help here.  I am perplexed.

5 REPLIES 5
dataman

I have the same problem but am unable to find a solution either. A singleton is a single value of data from a returned set of values. for instance.

Select * from [customers] where last_name = 'Brown'

each row of data would have [First_Name] and some value.

So a singleton might display 100 First Names (individually) as separate results. Think populating a sheet of labels with each first name on it's own label.  

My issue is I want to display only the row count (without any header or table, etc) for a query  (Select count(customers) from customers where Last_name = 'brown') so I could have a set up as follows
TEXT BOX " Customers Named Brown"    100 (Returned Count from the query)

kza40381
Frequent Visitor

They are related in that I need to line up information, horizontally, from two different data sets.  In example A, as mentioned, I have two tables which list milestones horizontally from two different systems and the tables are joined on Protocol #.  I need one row from one system, another row from the other system/table so they are on top of each other. 

Example b has the 3 tables involved.  A study level table with study level milestones.  Within each study I have many countries in another table with milestones.  In table 3 I have many centers with milestones which relate to the countries, which should roll up to the study.  In my Example B screenshot, I could align the study level milestones on the top, then the country in the second row and sites within the country in the third row.

Can you mock up what you expect the Example A pivot table to look like?

Forgive me, I just realized what I meant to say is that i need to line up the milestones vertically as noted in the pivot.  The pivot layout is what I am trying to achieve.  Source tables are like this:

Source table #1FPAFSFV FSE 
Study 1DATEDATEDATE 
Study 2DATEDATEDATE 

Source table #2FPAFSFV FSE 
Study 1DATEDATEDATE 
Study 2DATEDATEDATE 

Tables are joined by Study Number.  I am thinking maybe a union query after looking at this.  I also need to apologize.  I am in extreme back pain as I sit here and try to figure this out.

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

I can't quite tell how your examples are related to each other so it's not clear to me what you are trying to achieve.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.