Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

polestar11
Frequent Visitor

ISO Week Problem with order or month split

Hi All,

I have the following problems since I work with ISO calendar weeks:
- In the calendar hierarchy during a drilldown I cannot influence the sorting of the weeks --> calendar week 53 in January is always displayed last
- I could create an assistant column so that I can sort a specially created column "Year-Month-Week" --> The problem is that data are separated which are in the same week but not in the same month

polestar11_0-1666592473098.png

--> How can I solve one of the two problems?
1. wrong sorting of the calendar weeks
2. calendar weeks with the same number but in different months are not separated

Best thanks for all suggestions, below is the link to the data.

Dataset: https://we.tl/t-r2G6UgxvpH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You have two separate requirements, and need to solve them in two separate ways - as you do already with your two visuals.

You cannot combine these into a single solution. They have to stay separate.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

First thing you want to do is correct your data model

lbendlin_0-1666480748176.png

Next you want to mark your Kalender table as a date table

lbendlin_1-1666480895465.png

Then replace the hierarchy with your "Year-Month-Week" column that you have already sorted by the hidden week number column as you did in the second chart.

By the way - what's the problem with how week 49 is displayed?

Thank you for these initial tips.

My mistake, I unfortunately forgot to insert the image in the post. The problem with week 49 is that it is displayed separately. One date is in week 49 in November and one in December but I want all dates of the same week displayed together.

The improvements that you have suggested do not solve this problem yet...

The week has to split up as it is present in separate months.  If you want it to show combined then you need to create a separate composite key Year-Week  (removing the Month)

In this case, I would have the same problem again in January that week 53 would be sorted incorrectly in January. Since I can no longer sort the "year-week" column by the hidden week number column.

Hi there @polestar11 , I know that im more than year late, but if you are working with ISO (week) Format, how can be possible that you have week 53?

You have two separate requirements, and need to solve them in two separate ways - as you do already with your two visuals.

You cannot combine these into a single solution. They have to stay separate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.