Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yanzhao_LBS
Helper I
Helper I

I want to know if there is some limitation on role settings

I want to set a lot of roles in this role setting,maybe 100, i want to know is there any quantity limitation for this?

yanzhao_LBS_2-1678260187540.png

and also,in the workspace, base on these role setting,i need to assign user to the Row Level security,is there any limitation here also?

yanzhao_LBS_1-1678260122377.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gowtham_Selvam
Resolver I
Resolver I

I think there is no such limitations in role settings.If you have  many roles and users,you can use dynamic role level security.

check this post : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-rls  

If I answered your question,kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks,

GS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gowtham_Selvam
Resolver I
Resolver I

I think there is no such limitations in role settings.If you have  many roles and users,you can use dynamic role level security.

check this post : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-rls  

If I answered your question,kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks,

GS

andhiii079845
Super User
Super User

Only one idea. If you have to managed hundreds of person, I would thinking about to use a own table where you assign the person the roles. Than you can better see which persons have a role. But it depands of the use case.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.