Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ClackamasAshley
Frequent Visitor

I Need To Use a Table Visual to Filter 2 Other Visuals on Another Page in My Report

I have crime report data, and want the option for the user to read the report narrative of any case available in the data. Narrative are large blocks of text, so I want to create this visual on the page right after the main dashboard in my report. 

I want to have a dynamic title for the visualization that says: "Report Narrative for Case Number:" and then the case number's narrative in the visualization below it:

ClackamasAshley_0-1683837184972.png

I want the specific case number and its accompanying narrative text to display and filter on the "Report Narrative" page based on the single case number the user selects in a display table on the dashboard page. 

ClackamasAshley_0-1683837910737.png

Is it possible to use my table visualization to filter beyond just the dashboard page and also filter both of my visualizations on my Report Narrative page? If so, could someone point me to a way to make that happen? I know it's possible to use slicers to filter an entire report with all its pages, but is it possible to use another visual like a table to do the same thing?

Thanks for anyone's time and effort to help, I appreciate it

Ashley

1 REPLY 1
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ClackamasAshley ,

I'm not quite clear about your problem, seems you want to use a visual to filter a title, if so, here's my solution.

Sample:

vyanjiangmsft_0-1684223060234.png

Create a measure.

Measure =
SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table'[Column1] )

Create a button for the title, turn off the border of button and click "fx" besides Text.

vyanjiangmsft_1-1684223319635.png

Select the measure in the following dialog.

vyanjiangmsft_2-1684223387471.png

Get the result:

vyanjiangmsft_3-1684223444957.png

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.