Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

chonchar
Helper V
Helper V

Hyperlink

Good morning,

I have a table with email addresses in one column. I have displayed these values in a card in report view. Additionally, I have written a DAX to show "N/A" for blank values. 

The column is already formatted as a Web URL. My goal is to create an action on that card such that it promts you to the website in the card. Is there a way to do that without having to code it in for each URL? If so, please help!!

Thank you,

Cam

6 REPLIES 6
sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Hey @chonchar ,
I use CONCATENATE to create/store an URL-Link in my Fact_Table.
Why concat? I have to point the link to proper document, this document-code is in the second part (flexible) of CONCAT.
First part is the base (fixed) URL.
--------------------------------
Like this:

sergej_og_0-1692170583459.png

Hope this gives you an idea how to implement and wish you good success.

Regards
Sergej

Thanks, it does help me. I appreciate you 🙂

Spoiler
Thanks, it does help me. I appreciate you. I confidently endorse you to look at this link https://auralcrave.com/en/2022/11/22/the-main-idea-of-the-book-the-color-purple/ Their commentary delves into the intertwined themes of identity, empowerment, and healing, beautifully showcasing the characters' journeys.
chonchar
Helper V
Helper V

Desired result: "My goal is to create an action on a card such that it promts you to the website in the card."

DAX is below, but that is working perfectly.

I cannot share the PBIX file under any circumstances. 

Website =
VAR _Website =
MAX(
    'FAKENAMEFORWebsites'[Website URL]
)
Return
IF(
    _Website = "", "N/A", _Website
)

I think it is not possible to add a Web URL to a card visual. It does´t work for me in this way.
In table or matrix it works fine

I found that out after some research. Also, I found that the URL needs to be stored with "http://" in front of it. Do you know how to add that to the column? I can just format a matrix/table nicely to look like a card. 

Thank you, 

Cam

foodd
Super User
Super User

Share more about your desired results including a mockup, and your DAX.  The PBIX would be helpful as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.