Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

ArchStanton
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to view underlying data behind a visual (not export)

Hi,

I want to be able to VIEW the raw data behind a visual. I remember this doesn't work with every visual but I have forgotten how and when this works.

I think I used to be able to right click on the visual and see an option to view underlying data? Why doesn't this option appear in some visuals?

I remember using it for column charts but I don't see the option in my current chart?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ps I do not want to export my data.

I have found what I was looking for, it was the 'show data point as a table' feature - thanks for replying

I used to be able to right click and view the underlying data behind a visual. I've forgotten when this is allowed and why it only is allowed for certain visuals. I can't find anything in this forum that addresses this which is strange.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brunner_BI
Super User
Super User

You can "export data" but just showing the raw data for one visual is not possible.

Ps I do not want to export my data.

I have found what I was looking for, it was the 'show data point as a table' feature - thanks for replying

I used to be able to right click and view the underlying data behind a visual. I've forgotten when this is allowed and why it only is allowed for certain visuals. I can't find anything in this forum that addresses this which is strange.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.