Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bourne2000
Helper V
Helper V

How to make relationship?

Hi

I have three tables called project started, project finished and date table

bourne2000_0-1669174178741.png

Project started and Project finished has been connected through date table. Project started table has total projects and project finished as total finished projects.

I created below visual by taking month from date table and project startes from project started table and project finished from project finished table

bourne2000_1-1669174339104.png

I have project code in both project started and project finished table. I would like to filter the projects and see how many projects started and finished. 

I created slicer by dragging project code from project started table. Filter only works for project started in the graph and total project finished ibar is not changing. Same If I drag project code from project finished table, bar is not working for project started. It remains static.

Can anyone advise how to make a common project code filter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vicky_
Super User
Super User

I believe this is happening because of the direction of your filters. Notice that the arrows on the lines point away from the date table. This means that the filters applied to the date table will filter the other tables. But the project code doesn't exist in the date field.

I think you can either change the cross filter direction to both ways (double click on the relationship line to get this popup and then select cross-filter direction both

vicky__1-1669175474981.png

Or you can create a relationship between the project code fields of the two tables.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Thennarasu_R
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@bourne2000 
Tyr with Cross filter function I will help this scenarios

CALCULATE (
            [Measure],
            CROSSFILTER ( Project Finished[Column Name], Projecyed Startes[column Name], BOTH )

Thanks,
Thennarasu
vicky_
Super User
Super User

I believe this is happening because of the direction of your filters. Notice that the arrows on the lines point away from the date table. This means that the filters applied to the date table will filter the other tables. But the project code doesn't exist in the date field.

I think you can either change the cross filter direction to both ways (double click on the relationship line to get this popup and then select cross-filter direction both

vicky__1-1669175474981.png

Or you can create a relationship between the project code fields of the two tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.