Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

charlie77
Helper II
Helper II

How to make a bar chart in highlight mode instead of filter mode under a slicer

Just silly enough not to find a way out for such a simple thing - advice needed. A barchart with a slicer as blow

pbi1.jpg

This is however not what I want - once select in the slicer, the barchart only shows the selected bars. What I want is a highlighted style (as below) which is perfect if I use a table instead of a slicer, after I swithched from filter mode to highlight mode as shown by the red cricle that is non-existent using slicer (when  "Edit interaction" is activated).  

pbi2.jpg

I don't really want, however, to use a table as a slicer as it's not easy for muptile selections.  Avice please.

Thanks

charlie77

4 REPLIES 4
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @charlie77 ,

The slicer removes unchecked data and is an cross-filter, cross-highlighting will keep unchecked data.
However, the slicer does not support retaining unchecked data.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

charlie77
Helper II
Helper II

Is there anyone e.g. from MS who could confirm that there is no such functionality to swithch a chart controlled by a slicer from filter mode to highlight mode? If confrmed, I will try Wenjie's suggesiton to close the case. 

Thanks

Chew_WenJie
Resolver II
Resolver II

Thanks but I didn't expect that comlex. For the other guy's problem, if using a table instead of a slicer for employees he/she will solve the problem instantly (only one employee needs to selected each time anayway ). if for multiple seletion he/she needs to press and hold Ctrl - not convienet at all. 

I'll give my problem a bit wait to see if there is any simpler way. I'd presume P-BI should have this built in.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.