Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jay_patel
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to highlight both column's row if both are at 100 %

Hello All,

We know that we can apply conditional formatting on single column based on comparing of 2 columns. But here i want to compare both columns and if both are containing 100% then that row should be highlighted.

Only if they have 100%.

col Acol B
10%12%
100%96%
40%40%
100%100%

Need to highlight only row 4th's column A & B, as they both have 100%.

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
AnalyticsWizard
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@jay_patel 

To highlight rows where both columns contain 100%, you can use the following approach with conditional formatting in Power BI:

1. Select the table visual where you have your data.

2. Go to the "Conditional formatting" options for column A.

3. Choose "Background color" or "Font color" based on your preference for highlighting.

4. Click on "Advanced controls".

5. In the dialog that appears, set the format style to "Rules".

6. For the rule, choose "Based on field" and select the value of column A to compare.

7. Set the type to "Number".

8. Create a rule where the value is "is" and type in `1` (which represents 100%).

9. Repeat steps 2 to 8 for column B.

10. For both columns, in the rules section, add an additional rule by clicking on "Add rule". Choose "is" and type in `1`.

11. In the "Apply to" dropdown, ensure that you select "All cells" in the column.

Here is a conceptual example of the rules you might set:

For column A:
- If Column A is 1 (100%), and Column B is 1 (100%), then highlight.

For column B:
- If Column B is 1 (100%), and Column A is 1 (100%), then highlight.

This should be done using the "and" condition, ensuring both conditions are true for the formatting to be applied.

Please note that the percentages need to be stored as decimal numbers in Power BI for conditional formatting to work properly. If they are stored as text with a percent sign, you would need to convert them to numbers first.

After setting up these rules, your table should highlight the entire row where both Column A and B have 100% (or a value of 1 if stored as a decimal).

If this post helps, please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudo 👍

View solution in original post

v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for the reply from @Jonvoge , please allow me to provide another insight:

Hi @jay_patel ,

If you want to show only the results that satisfy the condition, you can create a formula similar to the following and put the measure into the FILTER.

result_ = 
IF ( MAX ( 'Table'[col A] ) = 1 && MAX ( 'Table'[col B] ) = 1, 1, 0 )

vkongfanfmsft_0-1714370185045.png

If you want to highlight the rows that satisfy the condition, you can a formula like the following and apply it in conditional formatting.

result2 = 
IF ( MAX ( 'Table'[col A] ) = 1 && MAX ( 'Table'[col B] ) = 1, "red", "white" )

vkongfanfmsft_1-1714370263351.pngvkongfanfmsft_2-1714370291542.png

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for the reply from @Jonvoge , please allow me to provide another insight:

Hi @jay_patel ,

If you want to show only the results that satisfy the condition, you can create a formula similar to the following and put the measure into the FILTER.

result_ = 
IF ( MAX ( 'Table'[col A] ) = 1 && MAX ( 'Table'[col B] ) = 1, 1, 0 )

vkongfanfmsft_0-1714370185045.png

If you want to highlight the rows that satisfy the condition, you can a formula like the following and apply it in conditional formatting.

result2 = 
IF ( MAX ( 'Table'[col A] ) = 1 && MAX ( 'Table'[col B] ) = 1, "red", "white" )

vkongfanfmsft_1-1714370263351.pngvkongfanfmsft_2-1714370291542.png

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AnalyticsWizard
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@jay_patel 

To highlight rows where both columns contain 100%, you can use the following approach with conditional formatting in Power BI:

1. Select the table visual where you have your data.

2. Go to the "Conditional formatting" options for column A.

3. Choose "Background color" or "Font color" based on your preference for highlighting.

4. Click on "Advanced controls".

5. In the dialog that appears, set the format style to "Rules".

6. For the rule, choose "Based on field" and select the value of column A to compare.

7. Set the type to "Number".

8. Create a rule where the value is "is" and type in `1` (which represents 100%).

9. Repeat steps 2 to 8 for column B.

10. For both columns, in the rules section, add an additional rule by clicking on "Add rule". Choose "is" and type in `1`.

11. In the "Apply to" dropdown, ensure that you select "All cells" in the column.

Here is a conceptual example of the rules you might set:

For column A:
- If Column A is 1 (100%), and Column B is 1 (100%), then highlight.

For column B:
- If Column B is 1 (100%), and Column A is 1 (100%), then highlight.

This should be done using the "and" condition, ensuring both conditions are true for the formatting to be applied.

Please note that the percentages need to be stored as decimal numbers in Power BI for conditional formatting to work properly. If they are stored as text with a percent sign, you would need to convert them to numbers first.

After setting up these rules, your table should highlight the entire row where both Column A and B have 100% (or a value of 1 if stored as a decimal).

If this post helps, please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudo 👍

Jonvoge
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi jay_patel

I think you can accomplish this, by creating a new measure, and use that for the conditional formatting on both columns:

M_AreBothMeasures100% = IF(Sum(ColA) = 100% && Sum(ColB) = 100%, True, False)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.