Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get a way to make a Progress bar

Hi everyone,

I am working on a proof of concept and the client would like to have a progress bar that shows the completion of a task.

Do you guys have a way to make it ?

Kind regards, 

Mohammad PATEL

7 REPLIES 7
Pascal_KTeam
Resolver I
Resolver I

If you are looking for a specific progress bar style, you could also create it in Excel and then copy paste to Power BI and make it dynamic. This video explains how it's done:

https://youtu.be/-Cke_NOehWw

spot28
Frequent Visitor

I just used regular old stacked bar chart with 2 values, one the percent complete (blue portion) and the other a measure which is 1 minus the percent complete (the grey portion).  I chose the grey color as the font for the data labels as well so only the portion completed is visible. It works and is free. Here's screen snip of it next to a table.

progressbar.JPG

How did you show the percentage inside the bar? Could you please share the pbix file

pbix file has a lot of data that would take too long to sanitize and/or make shareable. I am creating some screen shots here.

Used stacked bar chart with 2 fields on X-axis, Percent Complete (a calculated column called DecPercentComplete and Percent Uncomplete ( a measure called PercentUncomplete). Screen shots are shown for each. The calulcated column was required as the data comes in with the percent complete as a whole number. I also am showing the formatting, the percent complete blue and uncomplete grey. The values are all grey so that the percent complete shows up with a value and you don't see the value for uncomplete since it is same color as the bar itself. visual1.PNGCalcColumnPercentComplete(decimal).PNGmeasurePercentUncomplete.PNG

formatting.PNG

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can try to ue bullet visual to show the progress bar, below is the sample:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous

You should check this VIDEO for understanding how PowerBI can be used in proof of concept scenario.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

@Anonymous the Linear Gauge custom visual will probably give you what you want.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.