Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

moralesm7

How to get a secondary location/distance

Hello,

Here is what I am trying to solve:

I have a table with Business addresses (business Zip) and a Table with People and their home zips + their assigned business ZIP.

I am trying to figure out the distance between each person and each location. I was able to get each person to their assigned location, and each person to locations within the state they reside in (if any) by joining bot tables as a new one and expanding.

I still need to get each to every other zip code (outside of assigned state).

After i manage this part, I also need to assign a secondary location to each person based on the second closes distance between home zip/business zip.

I am having a hard time explanding to all US business zips and I cannot figure a formula to get the second closest location (could not get RANKX to work for this, too many distances), plus if possible i would like to get which location that is that i am getting in the secondary distance.

Any suggestions/helps greatly appreciated!

Manuela

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Does your data come with latitude and longitude of the center of each ZIP code? Do you want to use the Great Circle Distance or a simpler approximation?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.