Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

srbh24
Frequent Visitor

How to disable/override filters in the Power BI drill-through ?

Hi,
I have created a matrix in Power BI with rows as account name, project name, project owner name and the week of the year which is represented by date of the start of the week in columns for which number of hours are shown as values.

There are slicers for the date, account, project, owner name in the main report.

When I drillthrough to another report which is a simple table with account name, owner name, created date, hours and comments. I want to make sure I can see all the projects and not the only one that I have selected while drilling through from the main report but the other filters applied in the slicers must be reflected in the drilled-down report. 

If I select "keep all filters" option it does not allow me to disable any one page filter and gets me data exactly for one project name I have clicked on, in case I disable the "keep all filters" option it will ignore any slicer applied on the main report. 

Please advise how can I disable one or more page filter in the drillthrough to achieve this? A step-by-step info would help me a lot. Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
srbh24
Frequent Visitor

@lbendlin I have created a calculated table which is a copy of the main table but I have used ALLEXCEPT function to remove the filter context from one of the fields. But how can I link the main table and the shadow table such that the drillthrough function is enabled?
When I create a shadow table using DAX how can I link it with the main table. By main table it's a table visual where account, project,owner and sum of hours for each week is present. 

But how can I link the main table and the shadow table such that the drillthrough function is enabled?

You don't link them, that's the whole point.  Use TREATAS to project filters.

srbh24
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the swift reply @lbendlin , I did look it up on the resources across the internet but unable to find any relevant details.
Can you please share a link for the same?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please note that this is a very frequently covered pattern.  You need to carry a disconnected shadow table that is used to render the drillthrough page, and use TREATAS to selectively apply the DrillThrough filters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.