Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

How to change sql server path?

Good afternoon

I had to migrate the sql to another server and I changed the path. As I do to change the sql server in powe bi without losing the dax formulas and reports.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@joacoabeleira  You can change the SQL Server data source from the Data Source Settings under Transform Data option in the Home tab of the ribbon.

Refer the snapshot below:

ghoshabhijeet_1-1654200319597.png

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Syndicate_Admin ,

If you want to  change the source of datasource in service ,you must  modify datasource of original pbix file on desktop and then republish it first.  So that  the source in your model will match the source in the gateway .

Please  follow these steps:

1.Copy a new original desktop pbix file and modify theDataSource Settings

Transform Data ->Datasource Settings ->change source ,then enter new servername:portname and database name.

vyangliumsft_2-1654671073598.png

2. Edit the new datasource credentials and  apply changes.

vyangliumsft_3-1654671100977.png

You will refresh the report with the new data source data if the data source is successfully switched.

Otherwise, please compare whether the table structure has been changed in the newdata source, which may cause conflicts between the original fields in the model and the fields in the new data source.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

As this migration is done but massive to another server if you lose the reports and users, we have more than 40 published reports and folders but we have not managed to move them to the new server.

ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@joacoabeleira  You can change the SQL Server data source from the Data Source Settings under Transform Data option in the Home tab of the ribbon.

Refer the snapshot below:

ghoshabhijeet_1-1654200319597.png

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors