Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wsspglobal
Helper I
Helper I

How to calculate weighted average based on data from different tables?

Hi 

I have GDP data per country, and would like to calculate the weight each country within a Geographic Group has, and then multiply the wieghts to corresponding scores per country, ultimately get a weighted average score per Geographic Group. How do I calculate the weights in a table (table view)? I thought about using

SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('Table'[Geographic Group], "Total GDP", 'Table'[GDP] ), to get a the sum GDP of each geogrpahic groupt to get the denominator, but this code was not working, and not sure I'm on the right path.

Thanks!

GDP per country.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wsspglobal ,

You may create column or measure like DAX below to get weighted rate.

Measure: Weighted rate= DIVIDE(SUM(Table1[GDP]),CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[GDP]),ALL(Table1)))

Column: Weighted rate= DIVIDE(CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[GDP]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1),Table1[Country]=EARLIER(Table1[Country])&&Table1[Geographic Group]=EARLIER(Table1[Geographic Group]))),SUM(Table1[GDP]))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @wsspglobal ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wsspglobal ,

You may create column or measure like DAX below to get weighted rate.

Measure: Weighted rate= DIVIDE(SUM(Table1[GDP]),CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[GDP]),ALL(Table1)))

Column: Weighted rate= DIVIDE(CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[GDP]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1),Table1[Country]=EARLIER(Table1[Country])&&Table1[Geographic Group]=EARLIER(Table1[Geographic Group]))),SUM(Table1[GDP]))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.