Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rsanyoto
Helper III
Helper III

How to calculate value based on lookup on multiple date columns

Hi everyone,

Currently i'm stuck with the following requirements:

• Tabel Fact_ValueEntry contains transactions based on columns  [ProductionOrderFK] (updated), [ValueEntryPK], [PostingDate] and [ItemFK].
  • Table Dim_PurchasePrice contains information about prices of items based on [StartingDate] en [EndingDate] and [ItemFK].
  • A relationship of Many To Many is created between these two tables.

I need to calculate the correct value of column [DirectUnitCost] based on each [ProductionOrderFK] the following condition:

If a transaction in table Fact_ValueEntry has a PostingDate that comes in the range between [StartingDate] en [EndingDate], then show the value of [DirectUnitCost], otherwise null.

For example: the correct value of column [DirectUnitCost] for ItemFK : MXM30.0780 thats created on 30/4/2020 would be 1,57.

Many to Many on ItemPK : ItemPKMany to Many on ItemPK : ItemPKFact_ValueEntryFact_ValueEntryDim_PurchasePriceDim_PurchasePrice

What would be a good Measure in this case?

Kind Regards,

Regazzi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rsanyoto ,

Many to Many relationship is always troublesome.

You'd better create a dim table between  the 2 tables which is using 1:M relatioship to connect the 2 tables and get the DirectUnitCost values.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my reply as a solution!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rsanyoto
Helper III
Helper III

Has anyone a better suggestions? Kind regards

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rsanyoto , you can create a flag column in first table

New col =

var _cnt = countx(filter(Table2, Table1[Posting Date]>= Table2[Start Date]  && Table1[Posting Date]<= Table2[End Date] )), Table2[Item FK])

return

if(Isblank(_cnt), false(), true())

hI @amitchandak ,

the option you gave me doesnt meet my requirements. it's because the expected output must not be a true/false but a number.

Please see the following table as a expected result

ProductionOrderFKItemFKPostingDateStartingDateEndingDateDirectUnitCost
VPO-200776MXM30.078030/04/202001/04/202031/08/20201,57

The 1,57 amount is created becasue there was a transaction on 30th april and thats a date between period of 01 april and 31 of augustus.

Hi @rsanyoto ,

Many to Many relationship is always troublesome.

You'd better create a dim table between  the 2 tables which is using 1:M relatioship to connect the 2 tables and get the DirectUnitCost values.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my reply as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.