Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kanth32
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to apply slicer to one graph

Hi Team , 

How can i apply the slicer to one graph 

in my dash board i have multiple visulations ,i want apply slicer to only one visulation not for all . how can i do that 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sdjensen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@kanth32 - you should be able to do this by "Edit Interactions" feature.

When you have the slicer highlighted you will see a "Format" pane in the top many and the first button on this page is the one you want. One you enabled "Edit Interactions" some extra icons will apear on the other objects and all object is by default set to filter. You can chance the object you don't want to be filtered by the slicer to "None"

/sdjensen

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
utnapishtem
Helper I
Helper I

I was still seeing the behavior, but when I tried creating a standalone repro, it didn't happen.  I've still got the same issue - one chart still refuses to display the interactions icon and another one has the icons, but no matter what I toggle on it, it always is affected by the slicer.  So, I gave up and just did 3 different pages instead of the slicer to pick between the 3 values.  If you can create a standalone repro and share it out, maybe someone from PowerBI team will investigate, otherwise it's really hard to guess where the bug is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to select ALL of the items I don't want? I have like 30 items that I don't want to sync with slicer....any tips?

Same issue here. I hope someone has a better solution than disable all items one by one...

sdjensen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@kanth32 - you should be able to do this by "Edit Interactions" feature.

When you have the slicer highlighted you will see a "Format" pane in the top many and the first button on this page is the one you want. One you enabled "Edit Interactions" some extra icons will apear on the other objects and all object is by default set to filter. You can chance the object you don't want to be filtered by the slicer to "None"

/sdjensen

Hey, this worked ! Thank you so much for helping out . 

This used to work in PowerBI.  But it doesn't seem to work now.  I have 4 visuals and one slicer.  I can select the slicer and "Edit Interactions," but the 'none' icon appears in only 2 of the 4 visuals.  Toggling the icon has no effect on what the slicer does.  

Hello Kanth,

Thank you for your reply. can you please attach an image for the same. Just not able to locate the option as in the post.

Thank you,

Best,

M.

@Mrab Here you go! Click on the slicer you want to change and then you'll see the following options in the ribbon. 

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Screenshots from the most recent version of Power BI Desktop. 

Hi,

I can turn the circel dark but I can not turn it white again. Any ideas?

Kind regards

slania

When using the Edit Interactions there are two icons that show up on the upper right of the visual.  The circle with line will remove the visual from the scope of the slicer.  The graph with funnel will add the visual back into the scope of the slicer.  

2020-10-22 07_12_30-Window.png

Thank you. 

Have a great day,

Best,

M.

i tried to change the slicer of edit interactions to none but when i filter other graphs, the graphs that i want it to stay static still changes according to the filter. Not sure why.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you select the slicer first, then change interaction icon of target visual to "none".

Since they work in both directions, takes me a while to figure out. And finally get expected result.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.