Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

geejay
Regular Visitor

How to append queries to calculated columns

Hello all,

I am stuck with a problem that I am really hoping someone can help me with. 

I have savings data on a separate table (from query) (CostCentreID - 2015/16 - 2016/17 - 2017/18 etc.), and my main table will have calculated columns to calculate 2016/17, 2017/18 etc. using multipliers from yet another table (I am tackling this part with LOOKUPVALUE). 

My question is how can I append the savings rows into my main table where there are exactly named columns (2016/17 etc.). I am happy to create a new table too, but I am unable to do that using UNION. 

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

6 REPLIES 6
anithat
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @geejay

Go to Edit Queries option on PBID, try using "Append Queries" option.

AppendQuery.png

That doesn't work with calculated columns as they don't show up on query editor.

@geejay

In Power BI Desktop, the calculated column will not be displayed in Query Editor. You can only add Custom Column within Query Editor and use it for appending queries.

Capture888.PNG

Regards,

Hi, did you solve your problem? I'm also triying to append queries with calculated columns. 

BI2B
Frequent Visitor

No,

One solution
rewrite the formula dax  in the language m
I'll create a new topic

@geejay

you could solve your problem?
I faced a similar

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.