Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GuestUser123
Regular Visitor

How to Visualize Duration?

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie and I need one help. I have a scenario wherein I have the Start and End Time with me as one of the columns in my dataset. I have calculated the Duration(in days) using Datediff in order to calculate the Selling Time. Now I want to visualize this Selling time across multiple categories. However, when I am trying to visualize it by using a bar graph, for example, I could see the sum total of Selling Time (Duration in days) for each category. Example: Home 120 days, Furniture 100 days etc.. which is actually not representing a better view.

What could be the best approach to Visualize Selling Time ?

Thank You.

Here is the sample snapshot of the scenario:

Example of the scenarioExample of the scenario

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please see this article for a good way to calculate and format durations.

Calculate and Format Durations in DAX – Hoosier BI

In your case, that might be a measure like this one, and then use the Category column as your legend or axis.

Selling Duration = SUMX(Table, INT(Table[End Time] - Table[Start Time])

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Hi @mahoneypat Thank you for the response. I created a Selling Time Measure as suggested by you and tried to visualize the same with Category Name in Axis and Selling Time in the Values. However, it still does not represent a great picture. Maybe I am doing something wrong here. Could you please refer to the below snapshot? 

Thank You.

Snip.png

Hi @GuestUser123  

I don't see anything wrong. So, what's wrong with @mahoneypat advice and what results do you want?

Janey

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.