Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alanphamvistra4
Frequent Visitor

How to Manipulate Data Already Loaded to Create Calculated Data from Original Data

I am trying to manipulate data that had been already loaded into Power BI to create new calculated data  to be referenced to build a visual in my report. I also want my loaded data to automatically adjust based on the current date.

For context, I have a list of exceptions that I had filtered out by Status (Active and Expired). I want to create a seperate table from this filtered data that seperates the filtered data into three categories from original two (Active, Expiring (<30 Days from Expiring), and Expired).

These will be calculated using the equivalent of using the SumIf function in excel based on a changing current date.

Here is what I'm trying to accomplish based on an example in excel.

alanphamvistra4_0-1673979333284.png

2 REPLIES 2
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share the download link of that MS Excel file with 2 tabs - Source data and the Pivot Table.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alanphamvistra4 ,

Assume that the field [Status] is already created in your table, you can create a table visual and drag the field [Status] and [Exception ID] with aggregation function Count(Distinct) just as below screenshot to get it. Please find the details in the attachment.

yingyinr_0-1674008269718.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.