Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

doughey

How to Detect Outliers in a Scatterplot

Hello,

First-time poster here, so please forgive any mistakes in forum etiquette.

I'd like to dynamically detect and visualize outliers in my scatterplot in PowerBI. It looks like there used to be a visual called Outliers Detection (featured at 27:27 in this March 2018 update coverage), but it seems to have disappeared and I can't find any information about it online.

Do you know if Outliers Detection still exists? If not, do you know if there's some other way to automatically detect and visualize outliers in a scatterplot using something like Cook's distance?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @doughey 

It is true that the visual no longer exists.
Also, it wasn't from Microsoft.
Using Dax and a scatterplot, you can achieve good results.
Please take a look at the attached video which may be helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoglNZ2dXW8&list=RDCMUCy2rBgj4M1tzK-urTZ28zcA&start_radio=1&rv=RoglN...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @doughey 

It is true that the visual no longer exists.
Also, it wasn't from Microsoft.
Using Dax and a scatterplot, you can achieve good results.
Please take a look at the attached video which may be helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoglNZ2dXW8&list=RDCMUCy2rBgj4M1tzK-urTZ28zcA&start_radio=1&rv=RoglN...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.