Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to: Add Table with Tabular Editor with ObjectType "Dual" and Source "M"

Hi all, 

I started to work with tabular editor and if I open one of our existing Power BI Models the table properties are set like this: 

TableSettingsTableSettings

The partition properties look like this: 

PartitionSettingsPartitionSettings

Now I have the need to rebuild such a configuration from scratch. So I did the following scripting in a new created model with tabular editor 2: 

Model.AddTable("Test2").AddMPartition();

The partition created looks fine after changing the mode to "dual" manually:

PartitionFromScratchPartitionFromScratch

But the table does not have the intended properties and I can not change them manually:

TableFromScratchTableFromScratch

This seems to happen because a standard partition is also created from the script. After deleting this second partition it also looks good. 

Now my questions: 

How can I code the script in a way, that my properties will be set in the right way from scratch?

I did some investigation on TOM and Tabular Editor 2. And tried some syntax. But it did not worked out.

Maybe someone can show me the link to the Appendix A mentioned here:  Advanced Scripting | Tabular Editor Documentation

and give me some hints, how the syntax is working. I even do not find out how to delete the automatically created - but not needed - default partition using a script. 

Best regards

Thias

2 REPLIES 2
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please see if these documents are helpful:

Create Tables, Partitions, and Columns in a Tabular model 

Model Class 

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-kkf-msft ,

sorry I tried different variations looking like this: 

Thias_0-1633438224002.png

but I get only error. I am using tabular editor and opening up a new model. I want to script the model without any database connection. This is going to be implemented as an m-code in the partitions of the created tables. Therefore the example given here, seem not to fit: Create Tables, Partitions, and Columns in a Tabular model 

Actualy, I think it is my fault, because I know nothing about C# and do not know were to start at least. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors