Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

bkim
Frequent Visitor

How do I setup RLS for users to see all data?

I just added in dynamic RLS and it works great for the users who should have the restriction at the row-level. However, I have a few other users who I haven't setup yet and should be able to see all data. How do I setup RLS for them?

Let's say I have a config table set like this:

OrgID | OrgName | Username

and the role filter is simply [Username] = Username()

How do I setup a username of 'staff@company.com' to view all data?

I think I realized the answer while I was typing this post - is this as simple as creating another role without any filter and have this user in that role?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi bkim,

If you don’t set RLS  , you could grant them read permission, then they will view all data.

74.png

If you want to set RLS, you could create a new role without any filter in it , then add user in that role.

75.png76.png

You could refer to Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI and this post for details.

Or you also could add all records in user table to mapping all data to specific users, then  he/she will get all data.

Best Regards,

Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bkim
Frequent Visitor

Yep, it's as simple as creating another role without any filters and placing the users within that role haha

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi bkim,

If you don’t set RLS  , you could grant them read permission, then they will view all data.

74.png

If you want to set RLS, you could create a new role without any filter in it , then add user in that role.

75.png76.png

You could refer to Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI and this post for details.

Or you also could add all records in user table to mapping all data to specific users, then  he/she will get all data.

Best Regards,

Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.