Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DMilardo
Regular Visitor

How do I highlight the last point in a dot-plot?

Hi, I want to highlight the last value of a point in a dot-plot. The last point has the biggest result_id in the table.

I have a static table which gets new values every day. It has four columns: result_id, result_value_x, result_value_y and machine_classifictaion. The mchine_classification has a 0 or a1 which i use in the dot-plot as a legend. My idea was to create a new dynamic column which gives changes the value in machine_classification to 2 for the last result_id in the table. 

I get the last value in a measure which value changes based of interactions on the foil. But if I want to create the new column every row has a 2. I don't know how to change the DAX-Calculation so it's changes when I get new result_id's in my table and by filters on my foil.

IMG_2907.pngIMG_2911.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
mahenkj2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @DMilardo ,

I used a similar dataset:

mahenkj2_0-1685926935250.png

new_classes is a calculated column which is same as what you intend to do, using following formula:

new_classes = if(scattertable[result_id]<>MAX(scattertable[result_id]),scattertable[machine_classification],2)

If you use this column as legend, following chart is achievable:

mahenkj2_1-1685927102146.png

Hope it helps!

Hi @mahenkj2, thx for your response.

That's similar to one of my tries. 
The problem is when I filter the result_id's ,with for example a time-filter for a period of time, I get the wrong result_id. So the 2 ist static conected to my last result_id and not interactive to my filters on a foil. I tried to fix that with a measure which determines the last result_id but I get a column with a 2 in every row. 

Do you know a other way so I get a dynamic column for a dynamic legend?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.