Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

opl12
Regular Visitor

::: How create a simple calculator for the user to input values :::

Hello pls!!

If you can help me... 🙄
Is there any way I can insert an object for the user to manipulate on the screen?

Example:

I wanted to create two objects for the user to input values ​​and a third object that would make a sum of the two objects (by the values ​​informed by users)

I would like to create a calculator, where the user enters the value and receives the result in a card 😁

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @opl12 ,

This is a know error on the type of slicer of the parameters especially with big numbers one option can be to do to add a column with the same values of parameters but on text format. Sort that column by the parameter and change the slicer to a selected list with single select.

Then turn on the search option on the slicer:

MFelix_0-1631876462768.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

opl12
Regular Visitor

hello Guys!

Tks for help me!

But I need anything better, that the user can interact. 

At Excel, is easy... I'll do a UserForm with a "TextBox" where the user can interact, with any number... here in Power BI with long numbers gives error 😅

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
opl12
Regular Visitor

hello Guys!

Tks for help me!

But I need anything better, that the user can interact. 

At Excel, is easy... I'll do a UserForm with a "TextBox" where the user can interact, with any number... here in Power BI with long numbers gives error 😅

hashtag_pete
Helper V
Helper V

Hello opl12, 

not quite sure what you're trying to achieve, but I just tried something that might help you. 

if you have the numbers you want to calculate in columns, than you could use the visual "Text Filter" and use SELECTEDVALUE to calculate those numbers.
Example:

Column 1: contains prices

Column 2: generated with numbers from 1-1000000

2 Text filters (each for one column)

2 SELECTEDVALUE measures, that get the values the user types into the text filters

1 measure to multiply, add, divide, ... the 2 SELECTEDVALUE measures 

Could you follow my idea? A bit strange, I know, but it works like a calculator 😄

best

hashtag_pete

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @opl12 ,

You can create the what if parameters:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-what-if

Regards

Miguel Félix

Thanks @MFelix ,

I saw this, but when the number range is quite high ... it does not work well,

example: I put an initial range from "0" to "100,000"

opl12_1-1631624993916.png

if the user types any integer into the text box of the object and typing "enter" the number changes,.... example, if I type "99" and enter.. the value changes to "100".

opl12_2-1631625209651.pngopl12_3-1631625219542.png

the range range is already at "1" as shown in the formula... is there any way to fix this?

Hi @opl12 ,

This is a know error on the type of slicer of the parameters especially with big numbers one option can be to do to add a column with the same values of parameters but on text format. Sort that column by the parameter and change the slicer to a selected list with single select.

Then turn on the search option on the slicer:

MFelix_0-1631876462768.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

HI @opl12,

Yes, this should be a known issue when you use a big number input to what-if parameter filter. It will auto redirect to the nearest number of the slide bar located.

For this scenario, you can change the slicer to the range mode(before, after) and this issue will disappear.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.