Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

POSPOS
Helper IV
Helper IV

How a button click on one page can impact other pages in Power BI

Hi All,

I have 3 pages in my report with different data.

My requirement is that when someone opens the report for the first time, they need to have pop-up box which says " sensitive data" in all pages.

When they close the pop-up box in any of the page, the pop-up should be closed in all the pages.

Eg: If the user directly goes to the 2nd page in the report, and then he closes the pop-up in the second page, then automatically the pop-up on the first and the third page should also be closed.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Please advise.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @POSPOS ,

When creating a text box, you can add VALUE to it and then choose measure.

vtianyichmsft_0-1708998583762.png

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-tianyich-msft   Thank you. Also, is there a way we had hide the slicer or format it in such a way that it is not visible once the "sensitive data" text  disappears?

Currently, even after the text disappears, the slicer is still available on the screen and it is causing confusion to the users.

Hi @POSPOS ,

You can control what is visible and what is not through selections and bookmarks.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-tianyich-msft  - 
Adding a bookmark to hide the slicer is working for only one page and not other pages.
As our requirement is to make the selections apply to all pages in one go, the bookmarks are not working as expected as We will have to manually go to each page and apply the bookmark

v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @POSPOS ,

As @lbendlin  said, Powerbi does not support that feature, but I can offer you a workaround. You can use sync slicer as well as the text box feature to bind a slicer to all pages at the same time, and control its visibility by controlling the state of the checkbox.

An attachment for your reference. Hope it helps!

Best regards,

@v-tianyich-msft  - thanks for this solution.

Could you please provide steps on how you binded the slicer to the text box?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This will alerady fail at the first hurdle  

My requirement is that when someone opens the report for the first time, they need to have pop-up box which says " sensitive data" in all pages.

That's not possible in standard Power BI.

Instead, use bookmarks or static text on all pages (likely not a bad idea given the sensitive data)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.