Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gomezc73
Helper IV
Helper IV

How Get a list of invoices with credit lines

Hi,

I have a table that have a list of invoices with different lines, but sometimes there are invoices that have a the credit line(negative amount) and it has a 'Due date' different to the rest of lines.. The user have to check invoices by invoices to detect the invoices with that issue to correct the due date in that line.

This is an example of the data:

InvoiceLineGL DateDue DateAmount
A01110/1/202310/15/2023100
A01210/1/202310/2/2023-12
A02110/1/202310/30/2023250
A03110/1/202310/15/2023800
A03210/1/202310/15/2023200
A03310/1/202310/15/2023200
A04110/5/202310/15/20231200
A04210/5/202310/6/2023-200
A05110/1/202310/15/2023350
A06110/1/202310/15/2023200
A06210/1/202310/15/2023230
A06310/1/202310/15/2023-50
A06410/1/202310/15/2023800

In this example the formula needed must generate a report like this:

Invoices with Credit lines and distint Due Date
A01    
A04    

The invoice A06 has a negative line, but all lines in that invoice is the same (10/15/2023), for that reason it must be ommited.

I reaaly appreciate your help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@gomezc73 try this measure:

Credit Lines = 
VAR __Rawable = 
ADDCOLUMNS ( 
    SUMMARIZE ( 
        Invoices,
        Invoices[Invoice] 
    ), 
    "@DueDateCount", CALCULATE ( DISTINCTCOUNT ( Invoices[Due Date] ), ALLEXCEPT ( Invoices, Invoices[Invoice] ) ), 
    "@CreditAmount", CALCULATE ( SUM ( Invoices[Amount] ), Invoices[Amount] < 0 ) 
)
VAR __CreditInvoices = FILTER ( __Rawable, [@DueDateCount] > 1 && NOT ISBLANK ( [@CreditAmount] ) )
RETURN

SUMX ( __CreditInvoices, [@CreditAmount] )

Here is the output:

parry2k_0-1696548251623.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

Guaoo, this measure also works perfect!!. thank you!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

ofcourse everything is easy 👍

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ThxAlot Great solution but will not work as soon as you add another measure or column in the visual. It will only work if you have invoice column in the visual, simple but not complete 🙂

Easy to amend.

Expertise = List.Accumulate(

{Days as from Today},

{Skills and Knowledge},

(Current, Everyday) => Current & Day.LeanAndPractise(Everyday)

)

ThxAlot
Super User
Super User

Due Inv.pbix

Simple enough

ThxAlot_0-1696558041972.png

Expertise = List.Accumulate(

{Days as from Today},

{Skills and Knowledge},

(Current, Everyday) => Current & Day.LeanAndPractise(Everyday)

)

Guaoo, this measure also works perfect!!. thank you!!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@gomezc73 try this measure:

Credit Lines = 
VAR __Rawable = 
ADDCOLUMNS ( 
    SUMMARIZE ( 
        Invoices,
        Invoices[Invoice] 
    ), 
    "@DueDateCount", CALCULATE ( DISTINCTCOUNT ( Invoices[Due Date] ), ALLEXCEPT ( Invoices, Invoices[Invoice] ) ), 
    "@CreditAmount", CALCULATE ( SUM ( Invoices[Amount] ), Invoices[Amount] < 0 ) 
)
VAR __CreditInvoices = FILTER ( __Rawable, [@DueDateCount] > 1 && NOT ISBLANK ( [@CreditAmount] ) )
RETURN

SUMX ( __CreditInvoices, [@CreditAmount] )

Here is the output:

parry2k_0-1696548251623.png

Amazing!! You're the best, works perfect!! thank you so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.