Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

theDarkPrince
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hierarchy created using different (yet connected) tables not working

Hi everyone. I am trying to use a date hierarchy (YEAR --> Quarter --> Month --> Day) using fields from 2 different tables (both date related). The first 3 fields (i.e. YEAR, Quarter & Month) come from a DQ called Calendar and last field comes from a table called Dates (out of the two tables, only Dates table has individual dates in proper format). The two tables are connected with each other like below:

theDarkPrince_0-1619084844776.png

And I am trying to use the mentioned fields in a visual like below:

theDarkPrince_1-1619085095610.png

Please note that I have drilled down into 2020 --> Q2 --> Apr-20 but when I drill down to the last level (Day), this is what I get. I'm unable to figure out how to get this to work. All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theDarkPrince ,

I suggest you use build-in hierarchy for date in power bi. You can enable auto date/time function in power bi desktop:

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-auto-date-time

'

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.