Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

comish4lif
Helper II
Helper II

Hierarchy Chart by Akvelon - Org Chart

I have added the Hierarchy Chart by Akvelon from the Custom Visuals Store.

There is a help video that explains the features and functions within the visual.

But it doesn't explain the data needed to cause the chart to generate an org chart. My data is a list of EMPL IDs in one column and MGR IDs in another and I was hoping that it would derive the org chart from there. My org has nearly 50K employees and manually creating parent-child relationships would be a lot of effort.

Has anyone had any success getting this to work?

And, I wasn't thinking of having the visual display all 50K employees, I am planning on using a slicer to start at a more manageable level within the corporation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
comish4lif
Helper II
Helper II

Solved - there was no root node in my data.

In my list of employees, I needed to add the CEO as an employee and set that manager ID to a blank value.

I also derived a set of parent child relationships for a smaller org of about only 150 people. That worked with an order list of IDs.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
alevandenes
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @comish4lif,

I would be curious to know how are you using the slicers with this visual.

I would like to do the same but i am not able to at the moment.

My goal is to filter a specific team (basically with the slicer starting the tree at a lower point in the hierarchy)

kind regards,

Alessandra

How did the slicers go with this visual??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I am seeing the error 'data contains two or more root nodes' when using this hierarchy chart tool. How do I fix this?

kik

I got it working by adding a static root node (no more than one root node). However the concern I am dealing with is water mark. Have anybody had a luck in removing water mark in Mandarin ? I have already tired reaching out to them with no luck. Kindly advise ! 

kik

I got this corrected with adding a static root node. However, my concern is with regards to Water mark. How have you guys dealt with Water mark with Mandarin on it, looks like its name of the company and I have already tried reaching out to them with no outcome. Kindly advise ! 

comish4lif
Helper II
Helper II

Solved - there was no root node in my data.

In my list of employees, I needed to add the CEO as an employee and set that manager ID to a blank value.

I also derived a set of parent child relationships for a smaller org of about only 150 people. That worked with an order list of IDs.

Hello, 

I am seeing the error 'data contains two or more root nodes' when using this hierarchy chart tool. How do I fix this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @comish4lif 

would you be able to share the process a bit more in detail, this will be very helpful as I am trying to create the org chart for about 1400 employees and didn't find any compolete process any where. 

My data set has Emplyees and their employee IDs and the name of their managers. Just wondering how to go about setting up the source data. It will be very time consuming to create Parent and child IDs manually

Thanks, appreciate any inputs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you share some sample data - table structure for using this chart.

I tried having Id - Employee - Reporting Authority 

But not able to visualize in this chart.

Kindly help!

Thanks!

Gayathiri devi

Hi @comish4lif,

Glad to hear that you have resolved it. Would you please kindly mark your sharing solution as an answer so that it can help more users?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

i am getting error when i use a slicer to filter the one employee ,
Error:- The data do not contains the root element 
can any one help me how to solve this .Screenshot (481).png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.