Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

music43
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hide Rows in Table/Matrix

Hi

I have a table/matrix with a couple of dimensions and ten measures. Two of the measures will always return a value (M7 & M8).

Is there a way to only show the rows where there is a value in one of the other 8 measures (M1 thru M6)?

music43_0-1685114262797.png

In this example I would like to hide rows D and G. In my real world caseI have hundreds or rows I need hidden.

Thanks in advance.

Oli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @music43 ,

I suggest you to try to create a measure to filter your visual.

Filter = 
VAR _Condition = ISBLANK([M1])&&ISBLANK([M2])&&ISBLANK([M3])&&ISBLANK([M4])&&ISBLANK([M5])&&ISBLANK([M6])
RETURN
IF(_Condition,0,1)

Add this measure into visual level filter and set this measure to show items when value = 1.

vrzhoumsft_0-1685353837752.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @music43 ,

I suggest you to try to create a measure to filter your visual.

Filter = 
VAR _Condition = ISBLANK([M1])&&ISBLANK([M2])&&ISBLANK([M3])&&ISBLANK([M4])&&ISBLANK([M5])&&ISBLANK([M6])
RETURN
IF(_Condition,0,1)

Add this measure into visual level filter and set this measure to show items when value = 1.

vrzhoumsft_0-1685353837752.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Mayuri_Ghosh
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

You can hide rows in a table/matrix by using the exclude option by right-clicking on the row you want to hide or can filter it.

Mayuri_Ghosh_0-1685336087642.png

Thank You

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @music43 

Rows cannot be hidden in the visualization, but they can be filtered.
Create a flag measure that checks if your measures return blank values.
According to this measure, filter the table.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.