Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GilesWalker
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Help with weight break list

Hi everyone,

I have a column graph which contains gross mass on the Y-axis and months on the X-axis. What I am trying to do is have each bar show through colouring splitting how many tonnes are within different weight brackets. These are the different weight brackets:

Gross mass weight break
<=14
<=15
<=16
<=17
<=18
<=19
<=20
<=21
<=22
<=23
<=24
<=25
<=26
<=27
<=28
<=29
<=30

Normally I would just use an if function however there are 17 different weight brackets. Is there a more efficient way to do this within Power BI?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual
3 REPLIES 3
ALeef
Advocate III
Advocate III

Are your weights in tonnes now?  IE, 13.52, 18.01 etc..., you might be able to use RoundDown since all of your buckets are a single tonne wide.  If you want to break it up by more than a single tonne, like 13-16, 17-20 etc... you could find an equation using MOD to determine remainder of a division problem.

You'd probably need to create a measure filterable by month, using a count of each bucket, then drag the month into Axis of a clustered bar chart.

EDIT:  You could also use a stacked bar, I suppose, though I think the clustered might give you more readable results.  

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks @itchyeyeballs I will check out the page, it seems to be what I am needing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.