Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Dax to create a filtered selection based on two grouped columns

I have this report with the following rules:

Olajumi_0-1629226357245.png

Check PBIX: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C1xb-CGPMWVs1qyS3e9HtPr2IWgTM_iW/view?usp=sharing

The table  "report ProducerConsumerTaskCodes"  is a subset of "report ConsumerTaskCodes".

Card "Total codes used by firm for all clients"  is from table "report ProducerConsumerTaskCodes"  

Card  "Total number of codes used by all firms"  is from table "report ConsumerTaskCodes".

Card "Total codes used by firm for all clients"  is not expected to be equal to the sum of rows in "codes used by firm" because only unique codes aggregated.  

Also, 

"Total count of codes used by all firms" is not expected to be equal to the sum of rows in "Codes used by firm" because only distinct codes (Clientname+taskcode) are to be aggregated.  Currently it is based on just taskcode - wrong.      

The problem:

1.  I need to extract distinct/count of  Clientname+taskcode (not just based on taskcode as currently implementedfor both colunms. 

2. Only codes with sum of "report ConsumerTaskCodes" - confidencescore for selected Clientname+taskcode  > 50 are to be considered in the reported (filtered).

3. Note:  It does seem like I have an issue with relationshiop.  Please see tab Page 1.  

PBIX:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C1xb-CGPMWVs1qyS3e9HtPr2IWgTM_iW/view?usp=sharing

6 REPLIES 6
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Has the problem be solved?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aj1973 

Pull into the table any non-additive column from "report ProducerConsumerTaskCodes"  table e.g taskcode, or concumerId.  It breaks.  Obviously a relationship issue.  This is just ine of the 3 issues mentiooned.  Resolving this should throw reveal the issue with first 2 problems I mentioned.  

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Here you go

aj1973_0-1629235008365.png

Obviously you didn't read my previous reply

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aj1973 

May I have yoiur PBIX to see what tables the columns are pulled from?  

You will observe that the field confidencescore is repeated indciating a probale relationship problem.  To confirm this, in Values, you may set Confidencescore to "Don't summerize". 

My altimate goal is to :

1.  I need to extract distinct/count of  Clientname+taskcode (not just based on taskcode as currently implementedfor both colunms. 

2. Only codes with sum of "report ConsumerTaskCodes" - confidencescore for selected Clientname+taskcode  > 50 are to be considered in the reported (filtered).

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UR0WsbufPMKXzp67JnRWBSKsAgNuRUi7/view?usp=sharing

Your requests are not clear.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Somehow Page 1 is bugging. I opened a new page and it is working fine

aj1973_0-1629229989377.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.