Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

aakgun
Frequent Visitor

Help using Earlier in New Measure

Hello,

I need to have measure that will display dynamic values according to specific rows.

I have created similar logic in custom data column using Earlier function. But while creaitng same code in Measure. I get error messages

""

Percentage2.png

Here [AnaHesap] is the Row Colunm, when the row is about the data tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[Ana Hesap]="TOPLAM %" then

the data clolum in row tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[Ana Hesap]="NET" is used

This custom data colum generate usage with EARLIER is not supported I think.

Column=

if (

tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[Ana Hesap]="TOPLAM %",
 SUMX(FILTER('tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma',  tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[Ana Hesap]="TOPLAM NET"

&&  tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[SUBEADI]=EARLIER(tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[SUBEADI])

), 'tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma'[DÖNEM MİKTARI] )

,tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[DÖNEM MİKTARI])

the aim is to calculate the Percentage value using the data in seperate two rows and display this percentage value in "Data %" column

OranHesapKolon = if (tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[Ana Hesap]="TOPLAM %",
   SUMX(FILTER('tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma',  tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[Ana Hesap]="TOPLAM NET" &&              tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[SUBEADI]=EARLIER(tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[SUBEADI])                 && tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[BUTCE_AY]=EARLIER(tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[BUTCE_AY]))                  ,           'tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma'[DÖNEM MİKTARI]
 ) / SUMX(FILTER('tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma',  tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[Ana Hesap]="TOPLAM GELİR" &&              tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[SUBEADI]=EARLIER(tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[SUBEADI])                 && tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[BUTCE_AY]=EARLIER(tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[BUTCE_AY]))                  ,           'tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma'[DÖNEM MİKTARI]
 ) *100 ,tbl_FinansButceKarsilastirma[DÖNEM MİKTARI])

3 REPLIES 3
aakgun
Frequent Visitor

Simply, is there any suggestion how can I use EARLIER funciton while creating new measure , it works fine creating column but, in measure I could not have any way ..

@aakgun

A simple demo to show how apply EARLIER in a measure.

RunningTotal Measure = CALCULATE(
SUM( Table1[amount] ),
FILTER(  ALL(Table1) ,
SUMX( FILTER( Table1, EARLIER( Table1[date] ) <= Table1[date] ), Table1[amount] )
)
)

Capture.PNG

Due to low definition of the snapshots in your original post, I can't get what is the error message. If possible, upload your pbix with sample data, it can help to make your question more clear.

The sample code provided works as advertised and was exactly what I needed, but I hate to use something I don't understand and this is in that category.

My understanding of the FILTER function is that the second parameter must be a Boolean expression.  When I look at the top level FILTER function in the sample code, it uses SUMX as it's filtering expression, which I think would evaluate to a numerical result rather than a Boolean one.  What am I missing?

I have looked at lot of other FILTER examples and I have yet to find something else like this.  Can you shed some light on how and why this works?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.