Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VDS9
Regular Visitor

Help to clean data

Hi everyone, 

I need to create a simple report on behaviour points throughout time period.

This is how we get data, what would be the best way to clean it and transform the data?

All I need to see once I buoild the reports, its if behaviour improved or not and if negative points increased or decreased throughout the time..

Help Please

VDS9_1-1709143633411.png

Thanks.

I know its a big ask but I need to bring this report tomorrow morning into work.

1 REPLY 1
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VDS9 ,
According to your description, you need to process the data and show the trend after the data changes.
First, you need to classify or aggregate the data so that you can visualize the statistics of the data at various levels of granularity (type, time, etc.), which can be done technically as 0, 1, or -1. You can do this through grouping in power query, or aggregation functions in dax.
After you clean up the data and create the dax function, you can show the trend through a visual legend such as a scatterplot or line graph, and determine whether the negative score has increased or decreased throughout the time period from the density of the scatterplot.
You can refer to this document to learn how to create a scatterplot:
Scatter, bubble, and dot plot charts in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.