Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

NicoloTropeano

Help Needed

I have made a calculated Table (2) from a bigger table (1) and Filtered it by the "typ" = "r".
If I filter that new Table (2) in the Tableoverview by January. I get these Entries.

NicoloTropeano_0-1708676748258.png

I have created a linked a Datetable that has a 1:n connection to Table (1).

NicoloTropeano_1-1708676885631.png

If I apply a Data Slicer with (January) I only get these entries.

NicoloTropeano_2-1708676956766.png

The same issue happens if I use the DataSlicing with the Date column of Table (1).
If I do the Slicing with the Date column of Table (2) (Which is a taken over from Table (1) ) it works. But vice-versa I can't slice Data from Table(1)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jolind1996
Resolver II
Resolver II

The issue might be due to the way Power BI handles relationships and filter propagation. If you have a 1:n relationship from DateTable to Table(1), filters will naturally propagate from DateTable to Table(1), but not to Table(2). To slice data from Table(1) using DateTable, ensure that Table(2) is directly related to DateTable or use USERELATIONSHIP function to activate the inactive relationship during the calculation. Please adjust as per your data model.

Best regards,

Johannes

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jolind1996
Resolver II
Resolver II

The issue might be due to the way Power BI handles relationships and filter propagation. If you have a 1:n relationship from DateTable to Table(1), filters will naturally propagate from DateTable to Table(1), but not to Table(2). To slice data from Table(1) using DateTable, ensure that Table(2) is directly related to DateTable or use USERELATIONSHIP function to activate the inactive relationship during the calculation. Please adjust as per your data model.

Best regards,

Johannes

Hello Johannes,
Thank you very much. I had an indirect Relationship between (1) and (2) that I had to remove. Now it works with the direct relationship.

Kind Regards,
Nicoló

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.