Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sdukes
Helper I
Helper I

Groups missing data

I set up a report a little bit ago, and did a lot of leg work grouping certain items together to better analyze the data.

An update was made to the original spreadsheet - a couple items were added.

For some reason, these new items aren't showing up in the grouping tool! They get lumped into the 'other' category when I select 'Include other group' but when deselected they're not in the list! 

seems like a bug, but any suggestions that don't involve me starting over... are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
DarrenCooper
Frequent Visitor

Still an issue in November 2023.

ChrisE15890c
Frequent Visitor

Same issue. The only fix so far is to exit Power BI Desktop and then come back into it. I've also seen other buggy behavior related to derived values from using the conditional column creation or changes I made not taking. When I come back and look at the group something I grouped previously is back in the unassigned groups box.

Can confirm that this is still happening. Closing and reopening does work. Thank you!

This is still happening. I was going nuts trying to understand why PBID was not letting me group the new items.

Thankfully your workaround of closing the report and reopening it fixed the issue.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sdukes,

Can you please share more detail about the operations/steps you apply to the report? If should help us to clarify your scenario.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

This is still an issue in April 2023.

It happens when you edit Data Groups in any PBIX file, then do a data refresh of the underlaying table.
Any new items in the underlaying table do not show up in the "EDIT DATA GROUPS" UI, despite having been added to the underlaying table in the refresh.
They only show up in the "EDIT DATA GROUPS" UI after closing and re-opening the PBIX file.
It seems that the "EDIT DATA GROUPS" UI does not pick up the LIVE data of the underlaying table, but is set / fixed to the inital table values on opening the PBIX file.

This has cost me several hours trying to understand what is happening.
I would have never solved this without the workaround of @ChrisE15890c above (closing and re-opening the PBIX file). Thank you @ChrisE15890c, you are a live saver. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.