Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sid_125

Getting error when trying to use one of the measure in the visual

Hi,

I am trying to use a measure which I created in one of the visual but I am getting an error:

POWER BI ERROR: calculation error in measure: DAX comparison operations do not support comparing values of type integer with values of type text. Consider using the VALUE or FROMAT function to convert one of the values.

This is my DAX expression for that measure: 

06.1 CY TRIR for abc = CALCULATE(DIVIDE([01 Reportable Incidents], DIVIDE(SUM('MinesProdYearly_dataset'[ANNUAL_HRS]),200000)), Mines[MINE_ID] = "3605018", USERELATIONSHIP(dimDate[Year],MinesProdYearly_dataset[CALENDAR_YR]))

All of the columns mentioned above has Integer data type and still it is asking me to convert one of the values. I got really confused here! Can someone please help me?

Thanks,
Sid
2 REPLIES 2
Sid_125

Sid_125_0-1686070352958.png

Nope, its already in numerical format.

nvprasad
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Sid_125,

One of the column you used in the measure is in text format. I guess it could be '[ANNUAL_HRS] column.

Please check and change to numarical format.

Appreciate a Kudos! ‌‌
If this helps and resolves the issue, please mark it as a Solution! ‌‌

Regards,
N V Durga Prasad

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.