Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

harshadsp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Get value by joining 3 tables

Need your help.

I have mapped 3 tables in power bi :- premium, claim_occ, clim_sfx.

Premium table has pol_id and claims_occ have pol_id along with clm_id and clms_sfx has claim_id.

select s.*
from CLAIM_OCC o,
        CLAIM_Sfx s,
        PREMIUM p
where o.CLM_ID = s.CLM_ID
and o.INCRD_DIV = s.INCRD_DIV
and o.POL_ID = p.POL_ID
and s.POL_LOB_CD = p.LOB_CD
and s.ST_CLASS_CD = p.CLASS_CD
and s.ST_TERR_CD = p.TERR_CD
and o.POL_ST_CD_ALPHA = p.ST_CD_ALPHA
and isnull(s.gcic_cov_cd, -1) = p.BP_COV_GCIC_COV_CD
and o.POL_ID = 292791

I need to get the clm_amt from claim_sfx table. Could you please advise how could I get this done in power bi using dax or any other technique?

Please advise. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshadsp,

The relationship between Premium table and claims_occ, claims_occ and clms_sfx are one-to-one, one-to-many or many-to-one? Have you uploaded the three tables to Power Bi desktop? If you haven't, where are they stored? If they're stored in SQL Server database, you can use the T-SQL directly in the SQL statement box when you import data.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshadsp,

The relationship between Premium table and claims_occ, claims_occ and clms_sfx are one-to-one, one-to-many or many-to-one? Have you uploaded the three tables to Power Bi desktop? If you haven't, where are they stored? If they're stored in SQL Server database, you can use the T-SQL directly in the SQL statement box when you import data.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.