Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hari_krishnan
Helper I
Helper I

Get Filtered table based on condition

Hi,

I have a Filter variable:

VAR FilteredTable = FILTER(data_table, data_table[col1] = SELECTEDVALUE(date_table2[col1]) )

The queries after will use FilteredTable to calculate the sum.

RETURN SWITCH(table[col], "val1", Calculate sum of rows filtered by "FilteredTable", 0)

The problem comes when I want to use the same measure in different chart, then I dont want this filter, I want whole "data_table" rows.

Is there any way to do the calculation like:

VAR FilteredTable = FILTER(data_table, data_table[col1] = SELECTEDVALUE(date_table2[col1]) )
VAR AllFilteredTable = ALLSELECTED(data_table)

VAR value = IF (COUNTROWS(FilteredTable) = 0, Calculate using FilteredTable, Calculate using AllFilteredTable)

and then:

RETURN SWITCH(table[col], "val1", SUM(anothertable[column1]), 0)

The above does not work and throws error "the expression refers to multiple columns, multiple columns cannot be converted to scalar value"

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @hari_krishnan 

Could you please share your sample pbix file for us have a test, that will be a great help.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@hari_krishnan , if you want to create a table based on the slicer filter. it not possible now. such table can be part of a measure

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.