Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Mpinder

Get Data loading wrong data

Hi,

I am new to Power BI but have been getting to grips with it for one of our clients. 

Now i am trying to start using power BI for another client and the system only wants to load the data form the previous client. I have singed in with a different user, a user of the new client but it still loads old client data.

I am using Power BI Desktop and trying to get the data from Dynamics 365 (dataverse). The only environments that show after clicking on connect are the previous clients environment. 

I have had a poke around in the settings and tried clearing the cache in the system but still can't get it to change to the new environments/data.

Any idea what I'm missing?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mpinder

Thank you for your response.

I have just been able to solve this one. In Power BI I went into the data source settings and deleted everything, then cleared all the cache from the main settings. This time when I went to open the Dynamics 365 (dataverse) connection, it asked me to sign in.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mpinder

Thank you for your response.

I have just been able to solve this one. In Power BI I went into the data source settings and deleted everything, then cleared all the cache from the main settings. This time when I went to open the Dynamics 365 (dataverse) connection, it asked me to sign in.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mpinder 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> The only environments that show after clicking on connect are the previous clients environment. 

please check the contents of Dynamics 365 (dataverse), check if there is still old data. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.